give us a call
Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1242

Posts tagged "IDEA"

Is My Child Entitled to Door to Door Transportation?

Many Parents of children with disabilities question whether their child may be entitled to transportation provided by the school. The answer to this question is, as with all special education matters, that "it depends" on the unique needs of the child.

Is My Child Entitled to Transportation?

Many parents want their child to be transported to and from school. They advocate for such at their child's IEP meeting, and are told no by school districts. Why? Transportation is a related service under the Individuals With Disabilities in Education Act (IDEA). As such, there are certain standards associated with getting transportation.

Transition to Appropriate Transition Services

When a student is eligible for special education services and supports, prior to turning 16, they have to be provided a transition plan and transition services in their Individualized Education Program ("IEP") as provided under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act ("IDEA").

504 Plan or IEP: What's The Difference?

"No otherwise qualified individual with a disability . . . shall, solely by reason of his or her disability, be excluded from the participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance." - Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973

Augustin Egelsee L.L.P.
8141 East Kaiser Boulevard
Suite 315
Anaheim Hills, CA 92808

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Phone: 714-602-1498
Map & Directions

Give Us A Call

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1231

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.