give us a call
Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1242

Compliance Complaints

What options are available if a school district is not implementing your child's IEP? Some parents find themselves in the unfortunate situation of having fought for their child's educational rights and obtained appropriate services for their child, only to have the school subsequently fail to implement those services.

In times during which a school district is continuously failing to implement a student's IEP appropriately, a possible recourse would be to file a Compliance Complaint with the California Department of Education. Within the compliance complaint, concerns regarding the implementation of the IEP document will be discussed, and allegations against the school district can be made. Following the filing, after having time to speak with both parties, the California Department of Education will issue a ruling. If it is found that the school district has indeed not been appropriately implementing the IEP document as a whole, the district will likely be forced to make corrective actions which can include both prospective requirements, as well as compensatory educational remedies.

The filing of a compliance complaint can be complicated, and it is recommended that you consult with an educational attorney prior to filing any type of action.

Contact Our Office

Navigating the road of special education law can be difficult and confusing, if you have any questions about your child's special education placement or services, Contact us by email or call us at 714-602-1498 or 866-781-7723 (toll free) for more information.

We welcome your participation in the discussions on this blog. Feel free to comment on posts that interest you.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Augustin Egelsee L.L.P.
8141 East Kaiser Boulevard
Suite 315
Anaheim Hills, CA 92808

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Phone: 714-602-1498
Map & Directions

Give Us A Call

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1231

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.