give us a call
Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1242


Many parents find themselves in an IEP meeting, presented with assessments that were not appropriately conducted. The law requires that any public agency or school district assessing a student, must follow specific legal standards when assessing a child. In that situation, a student may be entitled to an IEE if he or she disagrees with an evaluation obtained by the school district and requests an IEE at public expense.

Generally, in response to a request for an IEE, an educational agency must, without unnecessary delay, either: 1) File a due process complaint to request a hearing to show that its evaluation is appropriate; or 2) Ensure that an independent educational evaluation is provided at public expense.

It is also important to note that a public agency or school district may initiate a due process hearing to show that its assessment was appropriate.

Contact Our Office

If you are concerned that your child may be entitled to an IEE or for any other special education related concerns, Contact us by email or call us at 714-602-1498 or 866-781-7723 (toll free) for more information.

We welcome your participation in the discussions on this blog. Feel free to comment on posts that interest you.

No Comments

Leave a comment
Comment Information

Augustin Egelsee L.L.P.
8141 East Kaiser Boulevard
Suite 315
Anaheim Hills, CA 92808

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Phone: 714-602-1498
Map & Directions

Give Us A Call

Toll Free: 866-781-7723
Local: 714-282-1231

We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and American Express.